Jul 15, 2021
Must have the following experience and qualifications:
- Compounding pharmacy experience
- Sterile and non Sterile experience
- Complete understanding of USP 797
- CGMP experience for admixing products
- Understanding of SOP procedure
- Licensed Pharmacist in good standing
- NY Licensed preferred
- Excellent work history
- Able to lead and work with a team
- Good communicator
* Compounds and dispenses prescribed medications for patient care by performing the following duties:
- Compounds medications, using standard formulas and processes such as weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients. Creates new formulas by using information obtained from reliable references, existing formulations, and professional experience and judgment
- Consults with patients or his/her agent regarding prescriptions, as mandated by OBRA regulations. Answers questions and provides information to patients and prescribers on drug interactions, side effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals. Gathers information and documents according to applicable laws, SOPs, and work instructions. Provides clinical information to physician as needed.
- Directs pharmacy workers engaged in mixing, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Reviews prescriptions to ensure accuracy and appropriateness.
- Maintains established procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
- Enters data such as patient name, prescribed medication and cost, to maintain pharmacy files, charge system, and inventory.
- Oversees assays of medications to determine identity, purity, and strength.
- Instructs interns and other medical personnel on matters pertaining to pharmacy.
- Adhere to all applicable state and federal regulations.
- Other duties may be assigned.